- Practices interactive management techniques to strengthen the autonomy of staff. Serves as a role model.
- Facilitates staff involvement in unit performance improvement initiatives to develop/improve patient outcomes/standards.
- Able to achieve positive conflict resolution.
- Participates in recruitment/retention activities on both a formal and informal basis for all levels of staff. Acts to minimize vacancies and turnovers.
- Engages in ongoing self-evaluation of competency, leadership skills, decision-making abilities, and professional judgment. Uses feedback for learning/growth.
- Assures availability, readiness, safety, and cost-effective use of equipment and supplies.
- Makes weekly staff assignments.
- Organizes and coordinates effective use of supplies, equipment, and time.
- Personnel are scheduled/utilized/adjusted based on competency, changing environment/needs, and cost effectiveness. Responds appropriately to variances (assignments, budget, and skill mix).
- Manages own time. Able to prioritize and organize needs/demands. Delegates appropriately and effectively. Accountable for deadlines.
- Participates in budget development/management. Action plans developed/implemented to decrease costs/use of supplies and improve utilization.
Set yearly on evaluation.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, and Work Orders (Required to Operate):
Clinical equipment, computer, printer, and copier.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current state nursing license
- S. in nursing preferred
- CNOR certification preferred
Five years’ experience with progressive responsibility within an operating room setting.